CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Stitches for Seth

We spent Thursday evening in the emergency room having Seth's little head stitched up! Since Seth has been walking he has taken a lot of spills, and with such a large head he tends to bump it often. He usually gets up like it is nothing, but this night was different. I was sitting on the couch watching him joyfully carry a toy around the living room. He was happy and babbling one second, and the next second he tripped and hit his forehead on the sharp corner of our TV center. I saw it happen but couldn't get there fast enough to save him and I knew it was bad! Thank goodness Mike was home because I was not calm to say the least. After about 10 minutes the bleeding stopped, but the cut was deep and we decided to take him in. He got 5 stitches and was so strong! They stuck both arms in a pillow case and then wrapped his whole body in a sheet. One nurse held his head while Mike held him to the bed. I could barely watch as even watching ER makes me nauseous.

Just before Seth fell...


The next morning...


The actual stitches...

2 days later...

2 comments:

bug seth tua pip said...

I'm so sorry you guys had to go through that :(

Jamie Downhower Olcese said...

Is Seth being abused? Should I call Child & Protective Services?