CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Birthday and Christmas... What Fun!


This Christmas was very laid back. Since we spent a week in Lima over Thanksgiving we were unable to travel there again for Christmas. It was strange not being home since I'm so used to the large family Christmas gatherings of years past. We spent the day at home relaxing and watching Seth enjoy his first Christmas. Mike's parents came over for brunch and we had a nice time. It wasn't too cold so we took Seth for a walk and then came back and watched the Simpson's movie. Mike and his dad love the Simpsons. Mike's mom and I played with Seth and laughed at a few spots:) Did you know that the writer of the Simpsons grew up in a Mennonite family?






Bad Hair Day! Mike said that his hair used to be like this every morning when he was a kid... I guess Seth will be getting a buzz too!

Black eye for Christmas...



Lighting the advent log is a big tradition in the Fennell family. On Christmas Eve we all gathered around the log to light the last few candles and share in a devotional before opening the gifts.


Grandma Fennell has lots of great things in her cupboards. All of the grandchildren have had their turn at is cupboard full of plastic bowls and Tupperware.


This picture is a miracle. It is practically impossible to get all of the cousins in the picture. There is usually at least one who refuses to be in the picture :)



On December 19th, Mike's sister Sheryl had her 3rd child, Joshua Scott. He was a big boy: 9lb 7oz. Mike and I took Seth up to the hospital to see his new cousin and welcome into the world. He is such a cutie. Here are a few photos of him on Christmas. It was hard to believe that exactly one year ago Seth was that little. It will be fun to watch them grow up together. I hope they'll be best friends like Kristin and I are!




Between the Christmas and the Birthday presents, Seth should be set for a while. He actually initiated his gift opening on his Birthday. He was using the gift to prop him up and it tore the package. When he saw that there was something it it he began to tear into it.



On Seth's first Birthday I retired the infant car seat and installed his new one. He is now forward facing. It is really fun to see his face now that he is facing us:) I have to admit, I look in the rearview mirror more than I should!

1 comments:

Katie said...

He looks like a kid, not a baby sitting in that seat! Babies should come with a device that keeps them from growing when you want them to stay little....but then again underwear is way better than changing diapers.
We drove by Lima and I wondered if you were in town- good thing we didn't go looking for your folks house. Surprise! It's the Hatzidakis' coming to visit!