CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Razor Sharp Discovery


On Sunday I decided to tackle or PINK TILED BATHROOM, again. This has been a thorn in my side since the day we moved in. I have tried wallpaper and multiple paint colors in this bathroom, but nothing has satisfied me. Since we're not in a position to remodel the bathroom, I am trying one more attempt to save the bathroom. I decided to paint it entirely pink (Sorry Mike and Seth), replace the old medicine cabinet with a new one and replace the sconce lighting. When I pried out the original BUILT IN MEDICINE CABINET I found a strange discovery. At first I wasn't sure what I had found, but when I looked more closely I realized what the large dark pile between the wall and the cabinet was. Over 100 used rasor blades! Our home was built in 1941 and I am sure that the original owner must have shaved with these blades and then stuck them into a long narrow slit in the back of the cabinet. But why? Did he think they would just disappear? Does anyone know if this was common practice in the 1940's???

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Tetanus shot anyone? I hope you used gloves to clean this up?

bug seth tua pip said...

I bet the guy who did that was getting back at his wife for choosing a pink-themed bathroom.

Bug

Sarah and Mike said...

A MESSAGE FROM DENISE

I wanted to post a comment on your site abou the razors, but im too lazy to set up a google acount. Our bathroom cabinet had a big pile of razors behind it too! this was common practice in the 40-50's becuse of the old razors they used. Ours kind of had a weird smell. I think the men thought they'd never fill up the space or that someday when they were really old they would pull them all out and clean it STRANGE!! i know! :) D